GUATEMALA STOVE PROJECT PERTH MINUTES MAY 23/14
1) Present: Catherine, Mike, Sue Lightford, Tom, Rita
Regrets: Keith, Paul, Regan, Joni, Marcia, Irwin, Terri, Myrna, Phill
2) Chair: Tom
3) Additions to Agenda: Stewart Park Festival was added to Upcoming Events
4) Minutes of April 4/14 Perth GSP meeting – action items reviewed, minutes approved by Sue, seconded by Cath
5) Upcoming Presentations:
AGM Sunday June 8, 1- 3:00 PM at Café Bean, 1 Sherbrooke St E Perth – planning is well under way for the AGM. Review of the year’s activities and election of board members to take place, also report from Sue Lightford on her experiences with the nutrition program.
Potluck to follow the AGM hosted by Al and Sandra Teflissi at 160 Robert Run, Perth
Stewart Park Festival – July 18, 19, 20 Liz and Tom are available for part of the weekend, more volunteers needed.
Action Item – please contact Tom 267-5202 if you are able to volunteer during the weekend of the festival
Action Item – Sue will find out the hours the booth needs to be open
Roslyn UCW – presentation postponed, new date to be determined – Paul
Women’s Fair Carleton Place (November) – Sue suggested the GSP have a booth
Action Item – Sue will pin down date, times, and cost
6) Past Events:
Rideau Community Health Services Board – Sue, Paul, Tom
They funded a Physician Travel Pack and the presentation was done as a thank you to the board. All 3 spoke about GSP and the nutrition program for families in Olintepque who are being supported for 6 months.
Festival of the Maples – Cold, rainy, weather not that many people
Tarot reading booth hosted by Sue and Maureen raised $200 towards nutrition program.
Perth Fundraising Dance Nov 14 –
Action Item – 1) Sue to contact Joel LeBlanc for suggestions
2) Tom to contact Keith about Kobo Town
7) Ottawa report – no report available
8) Next Perth volunteer meeting: Proposed date Friday Sept 5/14 6:30 PM, Coutts & Co
Action Item – Tom to contact Al to confirm this date.