We are always looking for people to help out and spread the word. We meet in Perth and Ottawa about every six weeks.
Examples of ways to fundraise for the donation of stoves:
- Personal or family donation of a stove.
- Soliciting donations from extended family members, neighbours and co-workers (certificates are given for group donations of a stove)
- Organizing a small fundraiser such as a garage or bake sale, wine and cheese party etc., with proceeds going to the GSP
- Selling woven Guatemalan scarves or bracelets which we bring back from our trip each year.
Examples of possible volunteer hours:
- Staffing an information table/kiosk at community events such as festivals, trade shows, etc.
- Arranging /attending presentations given to churches, schools, community organizations and groups.
- Assisting with volunteer meetings by taking minutes, sending out agendas, making up schedules for events, contacting members, etc.
- Translating English/French GSP information
- Providing advice and expertise in the writing of grant proposals
- Assisting with annual fundraisers by helping to book venues, entertainment, organize food and staff information and ticket booths, etc.
- Attending and helping to sell tickets for our fundraisers
- Assisting with the organization of the silent auctions held at our fundraisers (Perth and Ottawa) by soliciting donations, writing thank you letters and setting up or displaying items and collecting bids.
- Assisting with the development of our website.
So if you are interested get in touch.
If you would like to volunteer to go to Guatemala come out to some meetings and get involved. We are looking for volunteers 18 and over who will continue their committment to the project on their return to Canada. Fill out this form and mail it to:
Guatemala Stove Project
549 Brooke Valley Rd.
RR# 4, Perth, Ontario,
Canada K7H 3C6
Next Perth Volunteer Meeting – All welcome! Monday April 9th , 6:30pm at Coutts Coffee 57 Gore St. E. in Perth
Perth volunteer meeting this Monday March 5, 6:30 pm at Coutts Coffee 57 Gore St. E – all welcome.
Monday in Panamaquim